Invest in Bitcoin
Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency, this means it is a form of private money. A private money is not controlled by the state directly. There are 1000s of cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin is the first one.
- Bitcoin has a limited supply of coins, unlike other FIAT currencies.
- You do not need to buy one bitcoin; you can buy any fraction of bitcoin.
- Companies like Bitcoin.de offer a relatively safe environment where to buy Bitcoin.
- Bitcoin could act as a haven similar to gold in an economic or currency crisis
- If you own Bitcoin, you will not be at risk from bail-ins or bailouts.
- Bitcoin is unsafe when left on exchanges.
- The price of bitcoin fluctuates, although it has done less so in 2016
- Bitcoin price can experience shocks, for example, the price of Bitcoin dropped $100 when an exchange was hacked.
- Bitcoin’s value is based on its functionality. The more functionality is added, the more valuable it becomes.
- Some state that all other cryptocurrencies are ideas which eventually will be implemented in Bitcoin
- The EU has recently stated that it will create a bitcoin register of users. This will make Bitcoin ecology a cleaner place to do business.
- The governance of Bitcoin has faced problems recently because the miners do not agree among themselves on the way forward. Most mining is concentrated in China.
- Spain recently (October 2016) stated that it would tax Bitcoin mining.
- Other CryptoCurrencies might replace bitcoin. Recently Monero has seen a huge rise in its value.
- Requires electricity to function, unlike gold.
How to invest in Bitcoin:
You can buy your first bitcoin here:
- EU based Exchange Bitcoin.de
- US Based Exchange Coinbase